“Ferrero” by Alejandro Bello
This is typical Spanish tapas, is based оn the Spanish blood sausages Morsillas and almonds is served in the new style.
- 500 g Spanish blood sausages Morcilla dulce (German, Finnish, Italian blood sausages)
- 150 g chopped almonds
- 150 g blanched toasted whole almonds
- 50 g raisins
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for frying, (preferably peanut oil)
- Peal the skin from the sausages and slice. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Place the raisins and whole almonds into a food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the sausages and blend until smooth.
- Heat the oil to 170 Cº in a deep pot. (Do not fill the pot more than 1/2 full with oil).
- Taking with a spoon small pieces of mixture, make the small balls. Coat balls lightly with flour, dip in egg mixture, coat with chopped almonds. Fry the balls in the oil until golden.
Adapted from a recipe by Alejandro Bello, the owner of the restaurant "El Lajar de Bello” (Tenerife, Canary islands)