Chicken breast with tuna sauce
- 400 g cooked chicken breast (boiled or grilled), thinly sliced
FOR THE TUNA SAUCE:
- 150g canned tuna packed in water
- 1 small sweet and sour pickled cucumber
- ½ tsp marinated green peppercorns
- 50 ml mayonnaise
- 150 ml sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons mustard (sweet Scandinavian)
- 1 boiled egg yolk
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Chopped dill, thin slices of lemon or orange for garnish
- For the tuna sauce: drain tuna and put into a blender. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Lay a single layer of chicken slices; cover with sauce. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped dill and slices of lemon or orange.
Thoughts and Ideas
Because the dish was cook as an appetizer to aperitif, that was served in an individual molds. You can also serve that on a toast. At this case, chicken breast should be cut into small pieces. The proportions and ingredients are in line with my personal taste. Feel free to change proportions and substitute the ingredients.