This pate has a finnish background, as in Finland it is very popular to eat herrings with the sour-cream.
- 150 g fillet light-salted herrings
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 75 ml breadcrumbs
- 200 ml light cream (light sour-cream)
- 50 ml chopped dill
- 50 ml chopped spring onion
- Black pepper
- On a dry pan toast the breadcrumbs until golden
- Chop the eggs finely
- In a food processor pulse the herrings and onion, add in the breadcrumbs, cream and pepper
- Transfer to a serving bowl, add the eggs, sprinkle with the dill and spring onion
- Leave overnight in the fridge
- Serve with the black bread or baked potatoes
For more flavour I prefer to use the herring in some marinate - wine, mustard or dill. I take 50:50 cream and sour-cream.