Baby carrots in citrus marinade
- 500 g baby carrots
- 500 ml water
- 1/2 tsp sal
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley, etc)
- black, red pepper corns
- Boil the carrots in the salty water for 5 min, drain and run under cold water
- Whisk all the ingredients for the marinade and add carrots to it
- Leave to marinate for a least 3 hours.
Thoughts and Ideas
If you don't fancy ginger, don't use it, you can add cloves or cinnamon.
I always add a bit of vinegar to the marinade.
The longer carrots sit in marinade, the tastier they become, better to leave for 24 hours. If you don't have baby carrots, you can use normal ones, slicing them before.