The recipe belongs to R.Bertinet. In fact, it is a part of another recipe, which I will also write later. I fell in love with the taste of these tomatoes, and always now keep a jar of them in my fridge.
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- See salt
- olive oil
- dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil)
- Preheat the oven to 100C
- Cut the tomatoes in half and arrange on the baking try, add garlic
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with the salt, herbs and drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 1 hour
- Cool down the tomatoes, (you can skin them). Place the tomatoes in the jar, add basil and cover with olive oil. Keep in the fridge
- The tomatoes could keep for a couple of weeks
Thoughts and Ideas
I use oval-shaped cherry tomatoes, they are sweeter, and have more flesh.
Having made these tomatoes several times, I understood that it is better to deseed them before baking. R. Bertinet says that you can also use regular tomatoes, cutting them in quarters first.
I use these tomatoes very often, as tapas, as a side dish to the meat, in the salads.