Cheek pea spread
This simple, really easy to cook dish tastes so good! 100% vegan.
- 300 g cooked (canned, drained) chick peas
- ½-1 tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp ground coriander (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 50 ml of vegetable oil (EV olive oil)
- 70 ml of chopped fresh herbs (dill, basil, coriander, mint, parsley, chives, etc, to taste)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (lemon, orange juice)
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional, to taste)
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (few drops of Tobasco, or pinch of hot pepper)
- ground black pepper
- Chop herbs with salt and oil in food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients, pulse until well combined.
- Transfer spread to a clean jar, cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Serve with toasted fresh bread.