Beetroot and shrimps salad
There was a new hotel “Abama resort” recently opened, not far from my house. It is a 5 stars hotel with a luxurious spa, golf field and outstanding restaurant. The restaurant is run by a very famous chef- Martin Berasategui , who holds 3 Michelin stars. Today I will share with you one of his recipe. Though I do respect the chef immensely, I could not but adjusted the recipe a bit according to my taste.
- 4 raw beetroots (4 cooked ones)
- 16 large raw shrimps
- 1 orange, juice only
- 1 lemon, juice only (60-70 ml passion fruit juice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (vegetable oil)
- 4 spring onions (white part)
- Salt, black pepper, dill
- Wrap each beetroot into the foil and bake at 220C for 34 min
- Peel the beetroot and cool down a bit
- For the dressing whisk together the passion fruit juice, orange juice and oil
- Dice the beetroots and pour over the 3/4 of the dressing, add salt and pepper. Stir well and leave in the fridge for 30 min
- In a saucepan combine 1 l of water, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp sugar and bay leaf. Bring to the boil
- Add the shrimps and cook them for 1 min
- Remove the shrimps from the cooking water, refresh under the cold water and peel.
- In the serving dishes arrange the beetroot, top with the spring onions, shrimps, drizzle with the rest of the dressing and sprinkle with the dill.
I don’t like baked beetroot, so I cooked mine. In the original recipe the beetroot is not left to marinate in the fridge, but simply cut and mixed with the dressing. I realized that the warm beetroot, if left to sit in the dressing, gets more flavour.