Roasted peppers panna cotta
Roasted sweet peppers in combination with salty anchovies have long been a classic. As peppers and anchovies are some of my favorite products, I had an idea of combining these two ingredients in a slightly new way.
- 1-2 roasted red pepper (350g)
- small clove of garlic (1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 8 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1-2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 150 ml low fat cream
- 3-4 g gelatin (2-2,5 gelatin leaves)
- small bunch of parsley (only leaves)
- 2-3 sprigs of dill
- 2-3 green onion stalks
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Roast and peel pepper, put it into the blender, add chili sauce (hot pepper), garlic clove, salt, black pepper and make a puree.
- Remove and squeeze gelatin leaves out and dissolve in hot cream, add to main part and mix thoroughly.
- Put panna cotta into the portion cups, cover with (food film) and cool in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- Chopp finely greens, anchovies and garlic, combine with vegetable oil and let stand for several hours. Pour panna cotta before serving.
- If you wish to serve panna cotta on plates instead of cups, you have to oil the dish before filling. You also can prepare it in advance - a day or two before the serving. Amount of gelatin depends on the desired density of the dish.
It is a very simple dish in terms of cooking, but quite non-typical in terms of flavor. Spices may vary according to personal taste. In my opinion this dish does not need any specific additions, as both greens and anchovies with garlic have an intense flavor, whereas grilled peppers with cream slightly mitigates it. This creates an ideal flavor balance.