Sweet Potato Chips with Feta Spread
- 100 g feta cheese (18% fat)
- 50 g natural yogurt (low fat)
- 1 tbsp chopped greens (parsley, scallion, basil etc. to taste)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tasted walnut (optionally)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optionally)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix thoroughly feta cheese, yogurt, garlic, greens and walnuts with a fork. Season with black pepper. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 150- 200g sweet potatoes
- ½ tsp ground smoked sweet paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp caster sugar (optionally)
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Peanut oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes, thinly slice. Put the slices at once into a bowl of cold water and let stand for at least one hour. Drain and rinse. Dry well by shaking them in a towel.
- In a small bowl combine together sugar, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Heat the oil in a deep heavy-based frying pan to 180C or until a cube of bread turns golden brown in less than a minute.
- Fry sweet potato slices until light golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels, season with salt and pepper mixture.
- Arrange the chips on a plate; lay on each chip half a teaspoon of feta spread. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.