Polka dot ravioli
There is nothing special in this recipe, I just wanted to share with you one know-how. We all know how to make 3-coloured pasta, nothing difficult, but a polka dot pasta? I have never seen it. The idea how to make one came to my mind when I was making ravioli.
I added quite a generous portion of sepia ink into my pasta dough and became worried that ravioli will have a very intense ink flavour. So, I decided to add some white pasta dough to balance the flavour a bit.
- 200 g past dough, add 4 g (1 portion) of sepia ink to every 100 g of flour
- 200 g finely chopped sepia
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon grass puree
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- salt, black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- Roll out the past dough thinly
- Arrange еру small balls of white dough on the layer of the black dough
- Roll out together again to even the levels of 2 colours pasta
- The stripy ones look like that
- They are done from the ropes of 2 colours
Thoughts and Ideas
If you cannot get sepia ink, you can use spinach, tomatoes, curcuma as a colouring, to make coloured pasta. You can make any pattern of any design on your pasta.