Spaghetti with Shrimp and Zucchini
2 main-course servings
- 200 g dry spaghetti
- 3 tbsp drawn (ghee) butter (olive oil, vegetable oil)
- 2 small zucchini (200 g)
- 10-12 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 shallot onions (chopped)
- 3 dill sprigs (chopped)
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but firm («al dente»). Drain and return to pot. Add 1 tbsp of butter and gently stir.
- Cut zucchini into very thin, "matchstick" strips, 2 - 3 inches long, and about 1/8 inch thick.
- Meanwhile into a saute pan (large enough hold pasta) heat 2 tbsp of butter over moderately high heat. Add the chopped shallot and cook over low-med heat until starts to turn golden (approx 2-3 minutes). Add the shrimps, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned (about 2 minutes). Stir zucchini and, stirring occasionally, cook about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer drained spaghetti into pan with zucchini mixture. Cook over moderately high heat, tossing about 1 minute. Add chopped dill, toss again and serve immediately.