Canarian style pickled eggs
- Cover eggs with cold water, and bring to a rapid boil. Cover, and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain, and cover with cold water with some ice cubes and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour out the water, carefully crack, peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs then put them into a wide necked jar that have been sterilized for preserving.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika (smoked)
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves (minced or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1-1 ½ tsp salt (to taste)
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 2-3 tsp sugar (optimal)
- 150 ml water
- 100 ml ЕВ olive oil (vegetable oil)
- Bring vinegar, water, salt and sugar to boil. Simmer for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Take off from the heat and slightly cool. Add the cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic and oil and whisk together.
- Pour marinade over the eggs in the jar. Seal. Refrigerate for at least 10 days before using. (Quail eggs for 5-7 days).