Don't be confused with presence of honey in components. It will not make a potato sweet as sweets but only will give a highlight to taste and will cover a potato with a wonderful caramel crust.
- 10 potatoes of medium size (20 small)
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 0.5 tsp dried rosemary
- coarse salt, black pepper
- Using a vegetable brush wash the potatoes thoroughly. Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, add salt, bay leaf, black pepper, thyme. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- Remove potatoes from heat, drain, and plunge into cold water for a minute.
- Drain the potatoes and peel away the skin.
- Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil.
- Put the potatoes (large cut into 2 or 4 pieces) and fry each side until golden brown. Add the honey, and cook potatoes, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Pour into a large pepper mill salt, dried rosemary and pepper, grind and sprinkle the herb mixture over potatoes. Serve immediately.