Sauteed carrots with salted peanuts
- 500 g of carrots
- 200 ml salted peanuts (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice (optionally)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (Canola, peanut oil)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (7 cm)
- 1 - 2 tbsp parsley (leaves chopped)
- 1 medium sized sweet onion (sliced)
- Salt , ground black pepper
- Peel and cut the carrots into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. On the medium heat, preheat the heavy bottom skillet with 3 tbsp of oil and sprig rosemary. Add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Add the onions and continue to cook for another 3 minutes. Discard rosemary. Increase the heat, cover skillet and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until the carrots are soft to the touch but in the center still has a bite to it.
- Add chopped nuts, parsley, lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, mix well. Serve as a side dish or as a warm salad.