Roasted vegetables Creme Brulee
6 appetizer portions or 2 main course portions
- 2 ripe tomatoes (300g)
- ½ sweet onion (50-60 g)
- ½ red pepper (200 g)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small zucchini (100g)
- 1/3 tsp chopped rosemary
- 4.3 basil leaf
- 1/3 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 ml light cream
- ½ -1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces. Arrange vegetables on a baking sheet, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar, salt, drizzle with oil and place in preheated to 200 C oven for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove vegetables into a bowl, cover and set aside for 15 minutes. Peel tomatoes and peppers. Put all the vegetables into a blender. Add paprika, rosemary, oregano, thyme, pepper, cream, lightly whisked egg yolks, salt, pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 pre-greased molds (coffee cups, or other oven proof cups). Place the molds into a pan filled halfway with hot water. Put the pan in a preheated to 160 C oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove creme brulee molds from the pan, cool lightly. Put the molds into refrigerator to cool completely.
Sprinkle each cream brulee mold with brown sugar and put it under a broiler for a few minutes for sugar to caramelize (or use Creme Brulee Torch).