Rosemary cherry focaccia
- 250 g bread flour
- 140 ml water
- 1 tablespoon drawn butter (olive, vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2+2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 g fresh yeast (teaspoons dry yeast)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 100 g cremе fraiche (cream cheese)
- 180 ml cups frozen unsweetened cherries, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- confectioner’s sugar
- Rub the yeast into the sugar, add a bit of water, stir and leave for 10 min
- Add the rest of the water, stir and gradually adding the flour make a dough, knead for 10 min
- Add the salt, and kneading constantly add 1 tablespoon drawn butter
- Knead for 10-15 min
- Shape the dough into a ball, transfer to a greased bowl, cover with the cling film and leave to rise for 1 hour
- Transfer the risen dough onto a floured working surface. Shape the dough into a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle into 3 parts then into 2 parts, cover with the cling film and leave for 15 min
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, then flatten it.
- Whisk the creme fraiche (cream cheese) with 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven together with the baking tray to 220C
- Put focaccia into the hot baking tray and bake for 10-12 min until nice and golden
- Remove from oven and cool about 10 minutes.
- Spread with cream cheese, if using. Top with cherries, then dust generously with confectioner’s sugar. Serve warm.