Salmon Lemon cakes
- 650g salmon fillet (without skin)
- 10 cm chopped leek (white part)
- 2 tablespoons potato (corn) starch
- 1 egg white
- 50 ml chopped dill
- salt, ground lemon pepper (black pepper)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 - 4 tablespoons drawn butter (vegetable oil)
- With a sharp knife chop very finely salmon and place in a big bowl.
- Preheat a frying pan to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter. Add the chopped leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until starts to turn golden. Remove from heat, cool.
- Mix the chopped salmon with leek, add the chopped dill, salt, pepper, starch and lighttly beaten egg white. Mix thoroughly and transfer mixture in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the salmon mixture into 10 equal portions. Shape each portion with your hands into a patty about: 7-8 cm in diameter and 2.5cm thick.
- Preheat a large frying pan to medium heat with drawn butter and fry the cakes for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Without removing the pan from heat, sprinkle the lemon juice over cakes and let rest off heat for 30 seconds.
- Serve cakes with mashed potatoes and green salad.
Thoughts and Ideas
For this dish you can choose any fish to your taste. The lemon juice can be replaced with orange juice.