Salmon Lemon cakes
- 650g salmon fillet (without skin)
- 10 cm chopped leek (white part)
- 2 tablespoons potato (corn) starch
- 1 egg white
- 50 ml chopped dill
- salt, ground lemon pepper (black pepper)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 - 4 tablespoons drawn butter (vegetable oil)
- With a sharp knife chop very finely salmon and place in a big bowl.
- Preheat a frying pan to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter. Add the chopped leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until starts to turn golden. Remove from heat, cool.
- Mix the chopped salmon with leek, add the chopped dill, salt, pepper, starch and lighttly beaten egg white. Mix thoroughly and transfer mixture in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the salmon mixture into 10 equal portions. Shape each portion with your hands into a patty about: 7-8 cm in diameter and 2.5cm thick.
- Preheat a large frying pan to medium heat with drawn butter and fry the cakes for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Without removing the pan from heat, sprinkle the lemon juice over cakes and let rest off heat for 30 seconds.
- Serve cakes with mashed potatoes and green salad.
For this dish you can choose any fish to your taste. The lemon juice can be replaced with orange juice.