Chicken Mushroom Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into1 inch*1 inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 pound fresh snow pea pods, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, egg white, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, black pepper. Whisk together all ingredients.
- Place the meat into a marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch, broth, oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce and water, whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wok heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil over medium-high. Add ginger, garlic and onions, stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken and vegetables from pan.
- Add remaining oil, stir-fry peppers 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms and pea pods, stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken and vegetables to pan. Stir broth mixture and pour into wok, cook and stir until the sauce is thickened. Serve immediately.