Lamb with kiwi
In New Zealand it is an old classic to marinate lamb (mutton) meat with kiwi and serve it with various kiwi salsas.
Today I'm going to share with you the recipe of my favourite marinade and classic kiwi and mint salsa.
- Lamb (mutton) leg or shoulder 1,2 – 1,5 kg
- 2 lime, (1 lemon) juice only
- 3 - 4 chopped garlic clove
- 4 kiwi, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 sprig rosemary
- freshly ground black pepper, salt
- 4 shallot, chopped
- whisk all the ingredient for the marinade
- leave the meat in the marinade for 12 hours
- take the meat out, tap dry with the kitchen towel, arrange on a greased baking tray and bake in -micro-oven for 17 min at MICRO-TURBO 180C (50% pwr) then turn the meat and bake for another 17 min at MICRO-TURBO 150C (50% pwr)
- transfer the meat to the plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 min
- serve with kiwi salsa
Thoughts and Ideas
The best kiwi to use is kiwi GOLD, they have yellow, honey-flavoured flesh.
I kept the meat in the marinade for 24 hours.
I served Protos reserva 2001 Ribera del Duero with the meat.