Apple Pancakes with Liver Pate
Here is another recipe for the appetizer contest to showcase the idea of a delicious appetizer with just a few ingredients.
- 150 g apple puree
- 2 eggs
- 300-320 ml. milk
- 200 g. wheat flour
- 2 tbs. butter, (melted and cooled)
- 2 tsp. sugar
- pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs with sugar. Mix with milk, butter, salt, and apple puree.
- Sift the flour and gradually whisking it into the egg mixture.
- Leave the batter in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes.
- Fry pancakes in butter or vegetable oil.
- 150 g of liver pâté
- Cranberry (lingonberry) jam
- Take 2 - 3 pancakes (the amount depends on size) and trim the edges of each pancake to make it into rectangle (square).
- Spread the liver pate over each pancake roll up the pancakes, wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pancakes from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap, and with a sharp knife slice them into pieces 2.5-3 cm thick.
- Arrange the slices on a plate, add top of each of them with a dollop cranberry or lingonberry jam.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper before serving.
Thoughts and Ideas
The amount of ingredients above is for 10-13 pancakes with a diameter of 20-21 cm Amount of flour and milk, depends on a desired consistency of batter. I used duck liver mouse. However, pancakes do come out very delicious with the chicken liver pate as well. You can use a ready made apple puree or just microwave a few apples and push them through a sieve.