Maple, bacon and pear muffins
- 450 ml all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- рinch of salt
- 7 strips smoked bacon (~ 120g)
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp bacon drippings
- 80-100 ml maple syrup (to taste)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small finely grated pear (80 ml pear puree)
- 150 ml milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease cupcake pans.
- Cook bacon ahead of time and let cool down before chopping into small pieces. (save the drippings).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, crumbled bacon, baking powder pepper, salt.
- In another bowl, beat the oil, maple syrup, bacon drippings, egg, grated pear and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until well combined.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full, sprinkle with some bacon crumbles. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.