Avocado, Orange and Almond Salad
The Mediterranean is not particularly known for its avocados, but the climate is perfect and they are grown up in many parts of the region. This salad has a Spanish influence.
- 2 oranges
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 2 small avocados
- 4 tbsp EV olive oil (almond oil)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1 small sweet onion (sliced into rings)
- 25 g toasted almond flakes
- 16 black olives
- Sal, freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the oranges and slice into thick rounds. Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds, then refresh in cold water. Peel away the skin, cut into quarters, remove the seeds and chop roughly. Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and peel away the skin. Cut into chunks.
- Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the avocado and tomatoes in half of the dressing.
- Arrange the sliced oranges on a plate and scatter over the onion rings. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing. Spoon the avocados, tomatoes, almonds and olives on top.