Cranberry Pickled Cabbage Salad
This is one of the best cabbage salads. It’s refreshing and crunchy, tasty and full of vitamins.
- 400g cabbage
- 3-4 tbsp honey (sugar)
- 3-4 tbsp white wine cider vinegar
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil (EV olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- rose pepper
- 1 bay leave
- 3 tbsp cranberries ( fresh, frozen)
- Slice the cabbage thinly and place in a bowl. In a small sauce pan stir together the honey, vinegar, oil, salt, bay leave and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce the heat and let simmer, occasionally stirring, until honey is dissolved. Take off from the lid and cool slightly.
- Pour the vinegar mix over the cabbage, and stir it a bit so the cabbage is submerged. Let the mixture cool, then cover and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (overnight).
- Garnish with cranberries before serving.
Thoughts and Ideas
Instead of cranberries you can use lingonberries. The broth can be prepared without the boiling.