- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 200 ml (~1 cup) basil leaves
- ½-1 tsp fine grade sea salt
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest finely grated
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper (fresh ground black pepper)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (2 fresh cloves)
- 50 g grated Parmigiano cheese (Parmesan)
- 3 tbsp almond oil (olive EV oil, vegetable oil)
- 1-2 tbsp almonds (blanched, toasted, chopped)
- Combine the basil in with the almonds, pulse a few times in a food processor.
- Add the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and pulse a few times more.
- Gradually add the almond oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on.
- Add the grated cheese. Adjust with salt and pepper and stir well.
Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or with grilled fish.