Cranberry Poppy Seed Vinegrette
This healthy salad dressing made with fresh or frozen cranberries, is wonderful on a green salad with meat, or with cheese.
- ½ small sized sweet onion (minced)
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4-6 tbsp honey (to taste)
- 100 ml Canola oil (neutral olive oil)
- 150 ml cranberry (fresh, frozen)
- 100 ml water
- 2-3 tbsp poppy seeds (tasted)
- Salt, ground black pepper
- In the jar of a blender or food processor, combine the cranberries, water and vinegar, puree.. Over a medium bowl, strain the puree through a fine-mesh strainer, pushing down on the solids.
- Return the mixture to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients (except poppy seeds) and mix until combined.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil in a slow steady stream through the feed tube. Blend until very smooth. Add the poppy seeds. Season with salt and pepper, mix well. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.