- 3 - 4 (150 g) Savoy cabbage dark-green leaves (white cabbage)
- 100 g toasted sunflower seeds (toasted walnuts)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic (to taste)
- 30 g finely grated cured Cheddar (Parmesan, Pecorino)
- 1 - 1,5 cup sunflower oil (EV olive oil, walnut oil)
- Salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Remove the coarse stem from each cabbage leaf. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook 30-40 seconds until just wilted. Rinse under cold water and squeeze out all the liquid. Dry in a tea towel. Cut the leaves roughly into 2 inches pieces.
- Place cabbage leaves, sunflower seeds and garlic in a blender. Process until finely chopped. Add the basil and pulse a few times. Gradually add oil through feeder tube and continue processing until the mixture is smooth. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.
Instead of Savoy cabbage you can use kale, broccoli or white cabbage.