I love gazpacho, any, even the most non-traditional ones. This recipe is very simple to prepare, does not require exotic ingredients. A very light and delicious soup.
- 3 avocado
- 1 small cucumber, deseeded, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 medium-sized or 1 large tomato, deseeded, skinned, flesh chopped
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 50 g parma ham
- olive oil, salt, black pepper, sherry vinegar, sugar
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, onion, pepper, lemon juice in a food processor, pulse until smooth. Add avocado and pulse again
- season with salt, pepper, sugar (optional)
- roast the ham, chop it
- serve gazpacho in a plate, drizzled with olive oil and garnished with pieces of ham and tomatoes.
Thoughts and Ideas
This portion serves 4 people. Who likes more liquid consistency could add a chilled broth or crushed ice. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste, I never add vinegar, for me lemon juice is enough. You can add a pinch of chili, herbs. I always take pancetta instead of a ham.