Scallops and champagne soup
The recipe for this soup was made up while cooking.
- 150-200 ml prawn stock (fish stock, water)
- 300 g small-sized scallops, without shells, coral removed
- 1 small shallot, sliced finely
- 100 ml Сava Extra Brut (champagne)
- 150 ml cream
- a pinch of saffron threads
- pinch of sugar (optional)
- 100 g grated cheese without any strong taste
- Salt, pepper, chopped dill
- In a pan heat a bit of butter and saute the shallot until soft
- Add in the champagne, bring to the boil, add the pinch of sugar and reduce the liquid by 2/3.
- In another pan heat the butter and fry the scallops from both side until nice and golden, add the cream and cook for 2 min
- Bring the broth to the boil, add the onions with champagne
- Transfer the scallops to the broth, add the cheese, saffron, adjust seasoning and bring to the boil again. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 min
- Serve with the toasted on the butter croutons and chopped dill
Thoughts and Ideas
Very delicious, very quick and very simple. I took the prawn stock, which I made some time ago.