Roasted Vegetable Bisque
- 400 g butternut squash (peeled and sliced)
- 2 zucchini (250-300 g, sliced)
- 1 aubergine (200g, sliced)
- 1 large onion (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 6 large tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 carrots (250g peeled and sliced)
- 7-8 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 large red bell peppers (seeds removed and cut into quarters)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 4 tbsp Canola oil (EV olive oil)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1- 1 ½ l boiled water (chicken broth, vegetable stock)
- Salt, cayenne, ground black pepper, chopped basil and parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220Cº.
- In a large bowl, combine all the vegetables. Drizzle with Canola oil and sprinkle with sugar, rosemary, thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange veggies on roasting pan in single layer (if necessary, divide among two cookie sheets). Roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until the vegetables are tender and deep brown around the edges of the pans. (If your veggies don't have dark marks and are not soft, give them another 10 minutes in the oven).
- Remove from the oven. Place the vegetables to a stockpot and pour in broth or water. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Ladle mixture into blender and purée. Strain the soup and transfer from blender into the pot. Season with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Simmer the soup for about 5 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top off each bowl with 1-2 tbsp of cream cheese and sprinkle with chopped basil and parsley.