Carrot Hazelnut Muffins
12-14 muffins pans
- 200 g carrot (grated)
- 130 g butter (melted)
- 2 large eggs
- 150-200 ml sugar (to taste)
- 300 ml AP wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (grated)
- 100 ml hazelnut (finely chopped)
- 70 ml candied lemon rind (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 175Cº. Grease 12-14 muffin pans.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until fluffy Stir in lemon juice, melted butter and grated carrots. Toss until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture, grated lemon zest, chopped hazelnuts and candied lemon rind. Mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly between muffin pans. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.